Slide 39. Update from grant hospitals
The "Seven Pillars" Approach: Crossing the Patient Safety—Medical Liability Chasm
- Intervention  hospitals rolled out.
- Hospital and physician leadership fully engaged.
- Tools created or employed:
- Gap analysis tool; videotaped communication training materials; EI assessment tools; RM/Investigation checklists; resident reporting training materials.
- Gap analyses completed.
- Communication training complete.
- On-line occurrence reporting begun.
- Disclosures, early offers have occurred.
- Data being analyzed.
- Control  hospitals roll out in August 2012.
- Have been asked to work with >20 hospitals in three other states since commencing grant.
Page last reviewed May 2012
Internet Citation: Slide 39. Update from grant hospitals: The "Seven Pillars" Approach: Crossing the Patient Safety—Medical Liability Chasm. May 2012. Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality, Rockville, MD. http://www.ahrq.gov/news/events/nac/2012-04-nac/mcdonald/mcdonald39.html