Slide 14. Medication Error and Adverse Drug Event Reporting System (MEADERS)
- Stand alone electronic system for improving medication error and adverse drug event reporting in primary care.
- Utilizes standardized taxonomy for reporting errors.
- Project initiated in 2006; first results of prototype published in 2010.
- Software expanded and enhanced; second pilot testing competed spring 2012.
- Next steps: Aligning taxonomy with common formats; exploration for use of the system within a Patient Safety Organization to overcome liability concerns around reporting.
Image: A screenshot shows a sample MEADERS report.