Slide 14. Medication Error and Adverse Drug Event Reporting System (MEADERS)
Patient Safety in Ambulatory Health CareOn July 13, 2012, Jeffrey Brady, MD, MPH, made this presentation at the meeting of the National Advisory Council.
- Stand alone electronic system for improving medication error and adverse drug event reporting in primary care.
- Utilizes standardized taxonomy for reporting errors.
- Project initiated in 2006; first results of prototype published in 2010.
- Software expanded and enhanced; second pilot testing competed spring 2012.
- Next steps: Aligning taxonomy with common formats; exploration for use of the system within a Patient Safety Organization to overcome liability concerns around reporting.
Image: A screenshot shows a sample MEADERS report.
Current as of November 2012
Internet Citation: Slide 14. Medication Error and Adverse Drug Event Reporting System (MEADERS): Patient Safety in Ambulatory Health Care. November 2012. Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality, Rockville, MD. http://www.ahrq.gov/news/events/nac/2012-07-nac/brady/brady0712sl14.html