Slide 19. Blood Thinner Pills: Your Guide to Using Them Safely.
Patient Safety in Ambulatory Health CareOn July 13, 2012, Jeffrey Brady, MD, MPH, made this presentation at the meeting of the National Advisory Council.
- Consumer publication and DVD explain what to expect and watch out for while taking blood thinner pills.
- Based on research originally conducted by one of AHRQ's Partnership for Implementing Patient Safety grant projects.
- Educates patients about:
- Medication therapy and potential side effects.
- How to communicate effectively with their health care providers.
- Tips for lifestyle modifications.
Image: The covers of the Blood Thinner Pills guide in English and Spanish are shown.
Current as of November 2012
Internet Citation: Slide 19. Blood Thinner Pills: Your Guide to Using Them Safely.: Patient Safety in Ambulatory Health Care. November 2012. Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality, Rockville, MD. http://www.ahrq.gov/news/events/nac/2012-07-nac/brady/brady0712sl19.html