Slide 3. Ambulatory Health Care Settings.
- Medical services provided in an outpatient environment (i.e., non-hospitalized).
- Services may include diagnosis, treatment, surgery, and rehabilitation.
- Applicable environments include:
- Medical offices (large and small).
- Outpatient clinics (hospital and free-standing).
- Community health centers.
- Emergency departments & urgent care centers.
- Out-patient surgery centers.
- Renal dialysis centers.
- Home health care.
Page originally created November 2012