Slide 3. Ambulatory Health Care Settings.
Patient Safety in Ambulatory Health CareOn July 13, 2012, Jeffrey Brady, MD, MPH, made this presentation at the meeting of the National Advisory Council.
- Medical services provided in an outpatient environment (i.e., non-hospitalized).
- Services may include diagnosis, treatment, surgery, and rehabilitation.
- Applicable environments include:
- Medical offices (large and small).
- Outpatient clinics (hospital and free-standing).
- Community health centers.
- Emergency departments & urgent care centers.
- Out-patient surgery centers.
- Renal dialysis centers.
- Home health care.
Current as of November 2012
Internet Citation: Slide 3. Ambulatory Health Care Settings.: Patient Safety in Ambulatory Health Care. November 2012. Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality, Rockville, MD. http://www.ahrq.gov/news/events/nac/2012-07-nac/brady/brady0712sl3.html