Slide 10. National Quality Strategy-First Annual Progress Report.
- Released April 30, 2012—http://www.ahrq.gov/workingforquality/
- Improve overall quality by making health care more patient-centered, reliable, accessible and safe.
- Improve population health by supporting proven interventions to address behavioral, social and environmental determinants of health, in addition to delivering higher-quality care.
- Reduce the cost of quality health care for individuals, families, employers and government.
- Making care safer by reducing harm caused in the delivery of care.
- Ensuring that each person and family are engaged as partners in their care.
- Promoting effective communication and coordination of care.
- Promoting the most effective prevention and treatment practices for the leading causes of mortality, starting with cardiovascular disease.
- Working with communities to promote wide use of best practices to enable healthy living.
- Making quality care more affordable for individuals, families, employers, and governments by developing and spreading new health care delivery models.