Slide 16. Factors for Cost Projection Models.
Trends in Healthcare Costs and the Concentration of Medical ExpendituresSlide 16. Factors for Cost Projection Models.
- Demographic/economic characteristics: Age; sex; race/ethnicity; marital status; region; metropolitan statistical area (MSA) classification, family size, poverty status.
- Health status measures: health status; activity limitations.
- Health insurance coverage: full year insured; part year insured; uninsured.
- Health conditions: Diagnosis of arthritis; cancer; body mass index (BMI); cerebrovascular disease; diabetes; heart disease; high blood pressure; high cholesterol; mental health; back pain; pregnancy.
- Accidental events: trauma.
- Utilization measures: prior year inpatient events; ambulatory visits; number of prescribed medicine purchases.
- Expenditure measures: prior yr. total health care spending.
Current as of November 2012
Internet Citation: Slide 16. Factors for Cost Projection Models.: Trends in Healthcare Costs and the Concentration of Medical Expenditures. November 2012. Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality, Rockville, MD. http://www.ahrq.gov/news/events/nac/2012-07-nac/cohenmeyers/cohenmeyerssl16.html