- The Camden Coalition focused on thirty-six super-utilizers. They averaged 62 hospital and E.R. visits per month before joining the program and 37 visits after—a 40% reduction.*
- Their hospital bills averaged $1.2 million per month before and just over $0.5 million after—a 58% reduction.
- Finding the next "Hot Spot:" Can we lower medical costs by giving the neediest patients better care?
- Focused efforts on the role of prevention and care management, obesity control, patient safety, accountable care organizations and reductions in medical errors.
* Atul Gawande, The Hot Spotters. The New Yorker, 1-24-11.