Trends in Healthcare Costs and the Concentration of Medical ExpenditurSignificance of the Issue.
Health care expenditures:
- Over one-sixth of the U. S. GDP.
- Rate of growth exceeds other sectors of the economy.
- Recent moderation in rate of growth.
- Expenditure distribution is highly concentrated.
- Among the largest components of the Federal and states' budgets.
- Cost containment of continuing concern to private and public payers.
Current as of November 2012
Internet Citation: Slide 2. : Trends in Healthcare Costs and the Concentration of Medical Expenditur. November 2012. Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality, Rockville, MD. http://www.ahrq.gov/news/events/nac/2012-07-nac/cohenmeyers/cohenmeyerssl2.html