Research Activities, May 2013
News and Notes
AHRQ to sponsor Webinar on Advanced Methods in Delivery System Improvement Research
AHRQ is sponsoring a series of Webinars on planning, executing, analyzing, and reporting research on delivery system improvement. Upcoming topics are Statistical Process Control (May 14 from 1:00 to 2:00 p.m. EDT), Logic Models (June 4 from 1:00 to 2:00 p.m. EDT), Formative Evaluation (July 15 from 1:00 to 2:00 p.m. EDT), and Mixed Methods (December; date TBA).
The lead presenters are authors of forthcoming briefs in AHRQ’s Primary Care Medical Home Research Methods Series. The discussants are AHRQ-funded researchers applying the method to other delivery system areas. The December Webinar will be based on a forthcoming special issue of Health Services Research on mixed methods in healthcare delivery systems research.
To register, go to https://secure.confertel.net/tsregister.asp?program=EconometricaAHRQ.
Printed summaries of AHRQ’s "Closing the Quality Gap" evidence report series available
AHRQ has developed a resource to help health care providers learn more about the evidence supporting eight quality improvement strategies. Closing the Quality Gap: Revisiting the State of the Science offers executive summaries of eight evidence reports that focus on various aspects of health care quality. AHRQ’s evidence reports offer an unbiased analysis of available research on specific health care topics. The individual report summaries are the following:
- Bundled Payment: Effects on Health Care Spending and Quality (Publication No. 12-E007-1).
- The Patient-Centered Medical Home (Publication No. 12-E008-1).
- Quality Improvement Interventions to Address Health Disparities (Publication No. 12-E009-1).
- Medication Adherence Interventions: Comparative Effectiveness (Publication No. 12-E010-1).
- Public Reporting as a Quality Improvement Strategy (Publication No. 12-E011-1).
- Prevention of Healthcare–Associated Infections (Publication No. 12(13)-E012-1).
- Quality Improvement Measurement of Outcomes for People With Disabilities (Publication No. 12(13)-E013-1).
- Improving Health Care and Palliative Care for Advanced and Serious Illness (Publication No. 12(13)-E014-1).
To order the set of executive summaries, request Publication No. OM 13-0014 from the AHRQ Publications Clearinghouse at 1-800-358-9295 or email@example.com.
To order individual executive summaries, please order by title and publication number. For online copies, go to www.ahrq.gov/research/findings/evidence-based-reports.
AHRQ offers guidance on how to design physician performance feedback reports
A new AHRQ resource offers guidance to help community quality collaboratives, medical groups, health plans, and other sponsors of private physician feedback reports effectively design, disseminate, and use these reports. The guidance includes using performance measures that are actionable by physicians, providing meaningful comparative benchmarks, enabling the assessment of performance trends within the report, and embedding private reporting within a quality improvement infrastructure.
For your free copy of Private Performance Reporting Feedback for Physicians: Guidance for Community Quality Collaboratives, go to http://www.ahrq.gov/professionals/clinicians-providers/resources/privfeedbackgdrpt/.