AHRQ National Advisory Council To Meet April 12
The National Advisory Council (NAC) for the Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality (AHRQ) will meet on April 12 at AHRQ's offices in Rockville, MD. The council provides advice to the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) secretary and the director of the Agency. The council consists of 21 members from the private sector and seven ex-officio members from other federal health agencies.
The meeting will continue the council's ongoing discussion of issues related to quality improvement. There will be a presentation on pediatric measures and use as well as one on how research is helping health systems leaders close the quality gap.
Seven new members will join the council beginning with this meeting. They are:
- Gregory Baker, R.Ph., Director, On-Site Pharmacy Operations, Take Care Employer Solutions Group, A Walgreens Health and Wellness Company, Franklin, TN.
- Francis J. Crosson, M.D., Vice President, Physician Satisfaction: Care Delivery and Payment, American Medical Association, Palo Alto, CA.
- Andrea Gelzer, M.D., M.S., F.A.C.P., Senior Vice President and Corporate Chief Medical Officer, The AmeriHealth Mercy Family of Companies, Philadelphia, PA.
- Leon L. Haley, Jr., M.D., M.H.S.A., F.A.C.E.P., Deputy Chief of Staff and Deputy Senior Vice President of Medical Affairs, Grady Health System, Atlanta, GA.
- Carol Matyka, M.A., Field Coordinator, National Breast Cancer Coalition, Boston, MA.
- Victor M. Montori, M.D., M.Sc., Professor of Medicine, Mayo Clinic College of Medicine, Director of the Healthcare Delivery Research Program, Center for Science of Health Care Delivery, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, MN.
- Jean Rexford, Founder and Executive Director, Connecticut Center for Patient Safety, Redding, CT.
Their full biographies are available at http://www.ahrq.gov/about/organization/nac/nac-bios.html.
Date: Friday, April 12, 2013
Location: AHRQ's Eisenberg Conference Center, Rockville, MD 20850
Time: 8:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
Registration: No prior registration is required. The meeting is open to the public; however, there is a session for NAC members only, which is closed to the public. The meeting will also be available by Webcast. Closed sessions will not be open to the public nor Webcast. To view the meeting, go to http://www.webconferences.com/ahrq.
People with disabilities requiring reasonable accommodations may contact Barbara Alvarado by Email at Barbara.Alvarado@ahrq.hhs.gov or by telephone at (301) 427-1459.
Use Twitter to get AHRQ news updates: http://www.twitter.com/ahrqnews.