AHRQ National Advisory Council To Meet April 4
The National Advisory Council (NAC) for the Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality (AHRQ) will meet on April 4 at AHRQ's offices in Rockville, MD. The council provides advice to the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) Secretary and the director of AHRQ. The council consists of 21 members from the private sector and seven ex-officio members from other federal health agencies.
Seven new council members and one new ex-officio member will join the NAC. To learn more about the new members, visit http://www.ahrq.gov/about/organization/nac/nac-bios.html.
Date: Friday, April 4, 2014.
Location: AHRQ's Eisenberg Conference Center, 540 Gaither Road, Rockville, MD 20850.
Time: 8:30 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
Registration: No prior registration is required. The meeting is open to the public and will be available by Webcast starting at 8:30 a.m. To view the meeting, go to http://www.webconferences.com/ahrq.
The meeting will feature:
- An update on AHRQ by Richard Kronick, Ph.D., AHRQ's director.
- An overview of efforts to improve health care quality by David Meyers, M.D., director of AHRQ's Center for Primary Care, Prevention, and Clinical Partnerships.
- An update on efforts to make health care safer by Jeff Brady, M.D., director of AHRQ's Center for Quality Improvement and Patient Safety.
- A discussion on delivery system reform with Patrick Conway, M.D., chief medical officer at the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) and Michael Harrison, Ph.D., an AHRQ senior social scientist.
- An update on health insurance coverage expansions from Cynthia Mann, J.D., deputy administrator of CMS, and Joseph Thompson, M.D., M.P.H., Arkansas Surgeon General, and Thomas Selden, Ph.D., an AHRQ economist.
People with disabilities requiring reasonable accommodations may contact Barbara Alvarado by Email at Barbara.Alvarado@ahrq.hhs.gov or by telephone at (301) 427-1459.
Use Twitter to get AHRQ news updates: http://www.twitter.com/ahrqnews.