Dec. 14 Webinar: TeamSTEPPS® on Managing Disruptive Patients
Date: Dec. 14
Time: 1-2 p.m. ET
This free Webinar will focus on how health care teams can manage and care for aggressive and disruptive patients while maintaining quality and safety using the TeamSTEPPS® patient safety training program. The Webinar will highlight how TeamSTEPPS can help clinical teams address difficult situations, identifying behavioral triggers, and underlying emotional or psychological issues that cause the person in crisis to escalate to violent behavior.
- Mei Kong, R.N., M.S.N., Assistant Vice President and Chief Operating Officer, NYC Health and Hospitals Coney Island.
- Joseph Sweeney, Director, Hospital Police and Workplace Violence Prevention Coordinator, NYC Health and Hospitals Bellevue.
At the end of the Webinar participants will:
- Integrate TeamSTEPPS and nonviolent interventions to improve communication and teamwork for safe management of disruptive and aggressive patients.
- Reduce workplace violence through the use of early intervention methods for de-escalation.
- Enhance staff and patient experience and satisfaction through building a culture of patient and staff safety.
- Increase joy and meaning of work through knowledge, skills, and attitudes.
Select to register for the Webinar.
Page originally created October 2015