Health Information for Businesses and Their Employees
As the first Federal agency with a legislative mandate to produce patient-centered outcomes research, AHRQ is a trusted source of unbiased, evidence-based health information. Here are examples of the Agency's products, information and tools:
Business owners and managers understand that a healthy work force is vital for maintaining high performance, low absenteeism, and good morale. These resources will help you and your team access AHRQ's growing body of unbiased, evidence-based health information.
- Effective Health Care Program—Comprehensive research reports and plain-language summaries compare the effectiveness and risks of treatments for common health conditions.
- Dissemination Strategies—Ideas for how employers can put health information into the hands of employees to help them improve the effectiveness and safety of their health care.
Consumers are exploring their options for health care treatments. These resources will help you and your family get the unbiased information you need to work with your health care team and get the best possible care.
- Questions are the Answer—Find practical information that will help you become more involved in your health care and let you build a list of questions for your next medical appointment.
- Explore Your Treatment Options—Learn more about your choices when it comes to treating a health condition.
- Living a Healthy Lifestyle—Get information on wellness topics including losing weight, quitting smoking, and preventing disease.
- Navigate the Health Care System—Get tips from Carolyn M. Clancy, M.D., on topics ranging from finding a good doctor to preparing for surgery.