New Tools Help Health Providers Reduce Patients' Risk of Falls
For older adults, falls are serious, no matter the setting. These falls can cause bone fractures, disability, and even death. Among people 75 and older, falls are far more likely to cause admissions into a long term care facility than for adults 10 years younger than that.
Reduce patient risk and learn about falls through these useful resources:
- Falls Among Older Adults: An Overview
- Preventing Falls in Hospitals: A Toolkit for Improving Quality of Care
- Using a Computerized Fall Risk Assessment Process to Tailor Interventions in Acute Care
- The Falls Management Program: A Quality Improvement Initiative for Nursing Facilities
- Recent Research Findings Suggest Practice Recommendations for Preventing Falls in Hospitalized Patients