Guide to Clinical Preventive Services, 2014
Appendix C: Acknowledgments
AHRQ Staff Supporting the USPSTF
Aileen Buckler, M.D., M.P.H.
Joya Chowdhury, M.P.H.
Robert Cosby, Ph.D.
Jennifer Croswell, M.D., M.P.H.
Sandra K. Cummings
Tina Fan, M.D., M.P.H.
Janice Genevro, Ph.D., M.S.W.
William Hyde, M.L.S.
Karen Lee, M.D., M.P.H.
Iris Mabry, M.D., M.P.H.
Corey Mackison, M.S.A.
Robert McNellis, M.P.H., P.A.
David Meyers, M.D.
Tess Miller, Dr.P.H.
Emily Moser, M.L.S.
Quyen Ngo-Metzger, M.D., M.P.H.
Linwood Norman, M.S.
Janine Payne, M.P.H.
Kathryn Ramage, M.L.S.
Richard Ricciardi, Ph.D., N.P., F.A.A.N.P.
Randie Siegel, M.S.
Tracy Wolff, M.D., M.P.H.
Evidence-Based Practice Centers Supporting the USPSTF 2014
Kaiser Permanente Research Affiliates Evidence-based Practice Center
Director, Evelyn P. Whitlock, M.D., M.P.H.
The Kaiser Permanente Research Affiliates EPC involves over 75 researchers from three integrated health care delivery systems: Kaiser Permanente, Group Health Research Institute, and HealthPartners Institute for Education and Research. The KPRA EPC is headquartered in Portland, Oregon, at the Kaiser Permanente Center for Health Research. To learn more about the KPRA EPC, please visit:
Pacific Northwest Evidence-based Practice Center
Director, Roger Chou, M.D.
The Pacific Northwest EPC is housed in the Department of Medical Informatics & Clinical Epidemiology, at the Oregon Health and Science University School of Medicine, with partners at the University of Washington CHASE Alliance in Seattle, and Spectrum Research, Inc., in Tacoma, Washington. To learn more about the Pacific Northwest EPC, please visit:
RTI-UNC Evidence-based Practice Center
Director, Meena Viswanathan, Ph.D.
Co-Director, Dan Jonas, M.D., M.P.H.
RTI International, in collaboration with the five health professions schools and the Cecil G. Sheps Center for Health Services Research at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, operates the RTI-UNC Evidence-based Practice Center. To learn more about the RTI-UNC EPC, please visit:
Vanderbilt Evidence-based Practice Center
Director, Melissa McPheeters, Ph.D., M.P.H.
Established in 2007, the Vanderbilt EPC is located in the Institute for Medicine and Public Health at Vanderbilt University. To learn more about the Vanderbilt EPC, please visit:
Liaisons to the USPSTF
Primary care partners include:
- American Academy of Family Physicians (AAFP)
- American Academy of Nurse Practitioners (AANP)
- American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP)
- American Academy of Physician Assistants (AAPA)
- American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists (ACOG)
- American College of Physicians (ACP)
- American College of Preventive Medicine (ACPM)
- American Osteopathic Association (AOA)
- National Association of Pediatric Nurse Practitioners (NAPNAP)
Policy, population, and quality improvement partners include:
- America's Health Insurance Plans (AHIP)
- American Medical Association
- National Committee for Quality Assurance (NCQA)
- Canadian Task Force on Preventive Health Care (CTFPHC)
- Community Preventive Services Task Force (CPSTF)
Federal partners include
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)
- Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS)
- Department of Defense/Military Health System (DoD/MHS)
- U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA)
- Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA)
- Indian Health Service (IHS)
- National Institutes of Health (NIH)
- Veteran's Health Administration (VHA)
- Substance Abuse & Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA)
- Office of the Assistant Secretary for Planning and Evaluation (ASPE)
- Office of Disease Prevention and Health Promotion (ODPHP)
- Office of the Surgeon General