170. System Strategies
- Implementing a tobacco-user identification system in every clinic (Systems Strategy 1).
- Providing adequate training, resources, and feedback to ensure that providers consistently deliver effective treatments (Systems Strategy 2).
- Dedicating staff to provide tobacco dependence treatment and assessing the delivery of this treatment in staff performance evaluations (Systems Strategy 3).
- Promoting hospital policies that support and provide tobacco dependence services (Systems Strategy 4).
- Including tobacco dependence treatments (both counseling and medication) identified as effective in this Guideline, as paid or covered services for all subscribers or members of health insurance packages (Systems Strategy 5).