National Implementation Project Reports
Central Line Insertion Care Team Checklist
Checklist developed by Johns Hopkins Medicine that provides critical steps to reduce HAIs.
Ending Healthcare-Associated Infections
Fact sheet that provides an overview of CUSP and highlights AHRQ-supported projects that use the program.
- CUSP Toolkit
The CUSP toolkit includes training tools to make care safer by improving the foundation of how your physicians, nurses, and other clinical team members work together.
- Eliminating CLABSI, A National Patient Safety Imperative—Final Report on the National On the CUSP: Stop BSI Project
Final report, dated October 2012, discusses the implementation, impact, results, and lessons learned from On the CUSP: Stop BSI Project, the AHRQ-funded national effort to prevent central-line-associated bloodstream infections in U.S. hospitals.
- A Companion Guide to the National On the CUSP: Stop BSI Project Final Report
This companion guide provides supporting documentation for the final report.
- Select http://www.ahrq.gov/professionals/quality-patient-safety/cusp/using-cusp-prevention/clabsi-update/index.html for the second progress report and http://www.ahrq.gov/professionals/quality-patient-safety/cusp/using-cusp-prevention/onthecusprpt/index.html for the first progress report.
- Eliminating CLABSI, A National Patient Safety Imperative—A Progress Report on the National On the CUSP: Stop BSI Project, Neonatal CLABSI Prevention
Progress report, dated October 2012, discusses accomplishments and next steps to in the neonatal central line-associated bloodstream infection reduction project.
- Tools for Reducing Central Line-Associated Blood Stream Infections
Tools to help your unit implement evidence-based practices and eliminate central line-associated blood stream infections
On the CUSP: Stop HAI
Web site that offers toolkits and information on enrolling in the project to eliminate central line-associated blood stream infections and catheter-associated urinary tract infections using a CUSP:
- Central line-associated blood stream infection prevention toolkit.
- Catheter-associated urinary tract infection prevention toolkit.
- Enrollment information.
On the CUSP: Stop BSI
Web site that features toolkits to eliminate catheter-related blood stream infections using a CUSP.
- Central Line-Associated Blood Stream Infection Opportunity Estimator.
- Tool that estimates the yearly number of deaths, dollars, and days attributable to central line-associated blood stream infections within an ICU.
Page originally created December 2013