The TeamSTEPPS 2.0 Core Curriculum consists of two main components:
- Course Management Guide (PDF Version [ - 357.04 KB] )
- Video Training Tools
- Measurement Tools
- Acknowledgments (PDF Version [ - 36.39 KB] )
- Printable Components
- TeamSTEPPS 2.0 Introductory Video
The following additional resources can be used to supplement or customize TeamSTEPPS 2.0. Resources include additional exercises that can be used as instructional materials, specialty scenarios that can be used to customize instruction, and additional information on implementation planning.
- TeamSTEPPS Implementation At-A-Glance (PDF Version [ - 85.22 KB] )
- Quick Reference Guide to Action Planning (PDF Version [ - 269.26 KB] )
- Guide to Developing a TeamSTEPPS Action Plan
- Site Assessment Profile (PDF Version [ - 148.72 KB] )
- Implementation Guide: Detailed ( PDF Version [ - 449.32 KB] )
- Model for Change (PDF Version [ - 489.71 KB] )
- TeamSTEPPS Overview (Video)
- Magic Wand Exercise (PDF Version [ - 207.49 KB] )
- Mutual Support Exercise (PDF Version [ - 152.57 KB] )
- Sizing Up the Culture (PDF Version [ - 197.81 KB] )
- Sizing Up the Iceberg (PDF Version [ - 200.04 KB] )
- Specialty Scenarios
The Department of Defense (DoD) and the Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality (AHRQ) have developed TeamSTEPPS, a teamwork system which offers a powerful solution to improving collaboration and communication within your institution. Teamwork has been found to be one of the key initiatives within patient safety that can transform the culture within healthcare. Patient safety experts agree that communication and other teamwork skills are essential for the provision of quality healthcare and for the prevention and mitigation of medical errors and of patient injury and harm.
TeamSTEPPS is an evidence-based program aimed at optimizing performance among teams of healthcare professionals—enabling them to respond quickly and effectively to whatever situations arise. This curriculum was developed by a panel of experts, incorporating over 25 years of scientific research that has been conducted on teams and team performance.