Multi-Team System: Exercise Sheet
TeamSTEPPS Long-Term Care Version: Module 2
Using the space below or a blank piece of paper, map out a multi-team system for your work area, unit, department, or facility. Refer to the list of sample nursing home multi-team system members on the following pages. Can you think of other members? Do the teams in your nursing home look different? Use these suggested teams to help create your nursing home's multi-team system.
- What types of team members make up each team?
- How do the teams in your work area, unit, department, or facility interact with one another?
Multi-Team System Exercise Sheet
Use these suggested nursing home multi-team system members to help map out a multi-team system for your work area, unit, department, or facility. Can you think of other members? Do the teams in your nursing home look different? Note that these lists are not all inclusive. Your team may or may not include the people suggested below.
- Certified Nursing Assistants.
- Licensed Practical Nurses.
- Licensed Vocational Nurses.
- Registered Nurses.
- Advanced Practical Registered Nurses.
- Nurse Practitioners.
- Physician Assistants.
- Restorative Aides.
- Nursing Supervisors.
- Department Heads.
- Unit Managers.
- MDS Coordinators.
- Quality Improvement/Risk Management Managers.
- Recreation Services.
- Social Services.
- Rehabilitation Therapists.
- Rehabilitation Therapy Aides.
- Consulting/Contracted Services:
- Psychiatric services.
- Hairdresser/Barber/Beautician Services.
- X Ray Services.
Multi-Team System Exercise Sheet (Continued)
- Laundry Services.
- Housekeeping Services.
- Physical Plant/Environmental Services.
- Staff Development.
- Infection Control.
- Medical Records.
- Central Supply.
- Schedulers/Unit Secretaries.
- Business Office/Bookkeeper.
- Human Resources.
- Executive Assistants.
- Care Planning Teams.
- Emergent "Code" Teams:
- Medical Emergencies.
- Quality Improvement (Assurance) Teams.
- Wound Nurses.
- Licensed Nursing Home Administrators.
- Assistant Administrators.
- Directors of Nursing.
- Assistant Directors of Nursing.
- Medical Directors.
- Corporate Leadership.