Practice Facilitation Handbook
Module 11 Trainer’s Guide: Introducing a Practice to Facilitation
Module 11 Trainer's Guide: Introducing a Practice to Facilitation
- Presession preparation for learners: 75 minutes
- Session: 60 minutes
__ Computer, Internet, and a projector or video display.
__ Paper and pens, or computers and a printer.
- Be able to give a succinct description or “elevator speech” that explains practice facilitation.
- Tell two stories that illustrate the activities of facilitators in practices.
Exercises and Activities To Complete Before and During the Session
Read (15 minutes)
- Module 11.
Act (60 minutes)
- Have learners draft two short stories illustrating facilitator activities in practices that are appropriate for use in explaining facilitation to practices to share during the session.
During the Session
Present (15 minutes)
- Module 11.
Act (30 minutes)
- Ask learners to develop a 2- to 4-minute “elevator speech” that describes what practice facilitation is for use with their practices. In pairs, have learners role-play their elevator speeches and stories with each other.
Discuss (15 minutes)
- What did you learn from this exercise?
- How will you use this information with your practices?