Practice Facilitation Handbook
Module 15 Trainer’s Guide: Documenting Your Work With Practices
- Presession preparation for learners: 45 minutes
- Session: 40 minutes
__ Computer, Internet access, and a projector or video display.
__ Practice record or your particular program’s method for documenting facilitation encounters and practice progress. See Appendix. Sample practice record also available at: http://www.lanetpbrn.net/wp-content/uploads/ClinicAllOverThePlaceprogress.xlsx.
__ Copy of practice TheOnlyOneforMiles case study. See Module 6 Appendix B.
Learners will be able to:.
- Be able to use the facilitator practice record to document a practice encounter.
- Understand the importance of documentation for internal quality improvement and performance monitoring.
Exercises and Activities To Complete Before and During the Session
Read (15 minutes)
- Module 15.
Act (30 minutes)
- Ask learners to use the sample facilitator practice record to enter data about a fictitious encounter with practice TheOnlyOneforMiles.
During the Session
Present (20 minutes)
- Module 15.
Discuss (20 minutes)
- What experience did you have using the practice record in preparation for this session?
- What experiences have you had in the past documenting improvement work with other organizations?
- How can you use a practice record to support and improve your work with a practice?
- How can you use a practice record to communicate with your supervisor and other facilitators within your facilitation program?