Toolkit for Reduction of Clostridium difficile Infections Through Antimicrobial Stewardship
- McDonald LC, Owings M, Jernigan DB. Clostridium difficile infection in patients discharged from U.S. short-stay hospitals, 1996-2003. Emerg Infect Dis 2006;12:409-15.
- Elixhauser A, Jhung MA. Clostridium difficile-associated diseases in U.S. hospitals, 1993-2005. HCUP Statistical Brief #50. Rockville, MD: Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality; April 2008. Available at: http://www.hcup-us.ahrq.gov/reports/statbriefs/sb50.jsp. Accessed July 10, 2012.
- Severe Clostridium difficile-associated disease in populations previously at low risk—four states, 2005. MMWR 2005;54:1201-5.
- Dubberke ER, Reske KA, Olsen MA, et al. Short- and long-term attributable costs of Clostridium difficile-associated disease in nonsurgical inpatients. Clin Infect Dis 2008;46(4):497-504.
- State-based HAI prevention: Facilities in these states are required by law to report HAI data to NHSN. Atlanta, GA: CDC. Available at: http://www.cdc.gov/hai/stateplans/required-to-report-hai-NHSN.html. Accessed July 10, 2012.
- National Healthcare Safety Network. Multidrug-resistant organism and Clostridium difficile infection (MDRO/CDI) module. Atlanta, GA: CDC. Available at: http://www.cdc.gov/nhsn/mdro_cdad.html. 2012.
- Guidelines for environmental infection control in health-care facilities: recommendations of CDC and the Healthcare Infection Control Practices Advisory Committee (HICPAC). Atlanta, GA: CDC; 2003.
- Dellit TH, Owens RC, McGowan JE Jr. Infectious Diseases Society of America and the Society for Healthcare Epidemiology of America guidelines for developing an institutional program to enhance antimicrobial stewardship. Clin Infect Dis 2007;44(2):159-77. Available at: http://cid.oxfordjournals.org/content/44/2/159.full.pdf+html. Accessed July 10, 2012.