Slide 18. USPSTF Mission
- Since its inception the USPSTF has worked to fulfill its mission of:
- Evaluating the benefits and harms of preventive services in healthy populations based on age, gender, and risk factors for disease; and
- Making recommendations about which preventive services should be incorporated routinely into primary care practice.
- In making its recommendations, the USPSTF assesses:
- The quality of evidence supporting a specific preventive service; and
- The magnitude of net benefit in providing the service.