Slide 1. Putting Prevention into Practice (Short Form)
Putting Prevention into Practice (Short Form)
Using the United States Preventive Services Task Force Recommendations.
This presentation is created for a 60 minute class period. A longer form, consisting of twice as many slides, is also available through AHRQ.
Definition of USPSTF
Help faculty to integrate prevention education.
- Healthcare providers, students and physicians can be overwhelmed with information.
- When providing care one must have a well defined objective(s).
- End result is a tool with recognizable utility to patient and practice.
- Recommend how to implement the process.
- Exercise to demonstrate simplicity.
- Audience to download ePSS prior to presentation.
- Succinct presentation (30 minutes).
- Demonstrate utility.
- Practical exercise.
- Request feedback
- After presentation.
- After use during rotations.
- 3d year medical students
- Practitioners concerns
- Simple process (nurse during screening prints form from ePSS).
- Concise presentations to capture specific topics with exercises to point out utility.
- Part of the bigger wellness program.