Slide 14. Using the ePSS in a clinical setting-an example:
Using the ePSS in a clinical setting-an example:
- Patients are typically screened by a member of the health care team in initial portion of an encounter
- A nurse typically takes vital signs and measures the patient's height and weight prior to seeing the provider.
- This provides an opportunity to complete a brief preventive medicine/wellness questionnaire.
- Print for inclusion in the health record or electronic review by the healthcare provider.
- Reviewed by the healthcare provider
- Concurs or changes recommendations.
- Brief discussion with the patient for those answers or findings that require treatment or need to be addressed with a comment that a member of the clinic staff will address some concerns in more detail.