Slide 9. Implementing Wellness Interventions
Implementing Wellness Interventions
- Work interprofessionally.
- Counsel patient effectively.
- Recognize the body is capable of self-healing and health maintenance.
- Using the ePSS program saves time and simplifies the task.
- Work with legislators to support wellness services.
These are a few recommendations to initiate a wellness program. Engaging other healthcare professionals is beneficial and in wellness programs will improve the quality of counseling. Different providers or counselors will have different approaches which may be helpful for the patient to grasp the significance of maintaining an activity or making a lifestyle change. Pointing out that the body is capable of self-healing and making a change in a risky behavior may permit the body to recover could be an important factor in an individual's decision to modify a behavior. The time required to address preventive services and reimbursement for these services have often been sited as obstacles for the busy clinician to adequately provide these services. However, both of these obstacles have been addressed through the ePSS and recent legislation.