Module 1: Detecting Change in a Resident's Condition
Learning and Performance Objectives
Participants will learn:
- Why detecting change is important.
- How to get to know a resident's normal (baseline) condition.
- How to watch for change.
- How the Early Warning tool and SBAR tool work.
- How to follow up at the first sign of changee.
Participants will be able to:
- Summarize a resident's normal (baseline) condition for other team members.
- Identify whether changes in a resident's condition are important or not important.
- Promote behaviors that improve change detection.
- Use the Early Warning tool and SBAR tool.
- Decide when to report or when to ask for help when observing changes in a resident's condition