Cellulitis and Abscess Management in the Era of Resistance to Antibiotics (CAMERA)
Appendix D. Part 2: Implementing the CDC Recommendations: Can it be done? What lessons can be learned?
This is the text version of PowerPoint presentation, Implementing the CDC Recommendations: Can it be done? What lessons can be learned?. Select to access the PowerPoint® Slides (Plugin Software Help).
Implementing the CDC Recommendations: Can it be done? What lessons can be learned?
Alex Kemper, MD
- We want to learn from you.
- We have developed some tools to help-we need feedback from you.
- "Culture Kit"
- "Action Plan"
- Patient Education Material
- "Patient Follow-up Diary"
- "Grab and Go" things to consider including:
- Betadine / alcohol.
- Something to numb the skin with.
- Something to I+D with.
- Culture swab and label.
- Packing material.
- Gauze and bandages.
- Clinic note with the embedded guidelines and coding information.
- We will revise to fit your charts.
- Can also work with you to make it "electronic".
Patient Education Materials
- Handout on general skin infections.
- Handout on Staph infections.
- CDC recommends "close follow-up".
- We have developed a diary that patients can return by mail, which can then be added into the chart.
- What if a patient doesn't return the diary?
- We are primarily interested in coming up with feasible tools for practice. Thoughts??