- Study target audience characteristics related to patient and family engagement around safety or quality.
- Describe elements of organizational culture and infrastructure related to patient and family engagement in safety or quality, including building partnerships among patients, families, and health care professionals.
- Describe interventions for patient and family engagement.
- Use qualitative and quantitative research methods, including meta-analyses and literature reviews.
- Describe theories related to patient and family engagement.
- Focus on only history or value of patient and family engagement.
- Focus on only safety or quality without addressing patient or family engagement.
- Focus on only patient- and family-centered care without addressing safety or quality.
- Focus on only specific conditions, topics, issues, treatment decisions, or behaviors.
- Are opinion or editorial pieces.