|G. Utilization* and productivity
||I. Patient satisfaction
- Hospital admissions.
- Emergency room visits.
- Physician or clinic visits.
- Length of stay.
- In-patient bed days.
- Asthma inpatient admits.
- Asthma inpatient bed days.
- Asthma ER visits.
- Urgent care visits.
- Scheduled physician or clinic visits.
- Annual rates of foot-related hospitalizations.
- Number of heart failure clinic visits.
- Ophthalmology visits.
- Diabetes specialty clinic visits.
- Number or insurance claims for medication.
- Work limitations.
- Days missed.
- Days less productive.
- Overall health care costs.
- Detailed financial performance measures.
- Medical cost savings.
- Projected cost savings.
- Cost for hospitalization and ER visits.
- Program satisfaction.
- Perceptions of migraine management.
- Patient satisfaction with care.
* Utilization measures sometimes are used as surrogate measures of patient health outcomes.
Note: For this table, common chronic conditions are defined as asthma, cardiovascular disease, depression, diabetes, heart failure, and migraine headaches. Examples are taken from the literature.
Return to Document