Summary—Pulling it All Together: Classroom Slides
- Slide 1: Summary—Pulling It All Together
- Slide 2: Objectives
- Slide 3: TeamSTEPPS
- Slide 4: Barriers to Team Effectiveness
- Slide 5: Role Play
- Slide 6: Identifying Opportunities to Use TeamSTEPPS Tools and Strategies
- Slide 7: Summary
- Slide 8: Action Planning
"The truth of the matter is that you always know the right thing to do. The hard part is doing it." —Norman Schwarzkopf
- Discuss how to use the tools and strategies presented in this training.
- Demonstrate how to appropriately apply the tools and strategies to real-life situations.
- Practice using tools and strategies for overcoming barriers to team effectiveness.
|Barriers||Tools and Strategies||Outcomes|
Image: A penguin in a hat and cloak holds a wooden sword and play script.
Select a penguin director icon below to access the video.
|Opportunity to apply TeamSTEPPS technique to improve outcome in Sub-Acute Care (Flash video, 2 min., 26 sec.; 18 MB)|
|Opportunity to apply TeamSTEPPS technique to improve outcome in Long-Term Care (Flash video, 3 min., 15 sec., 87 MB)|
In the preceding section, we learned that teamwork strategies and tools—
- Are available to both team members and leaders.
- Can be categorized according to the specific barriers to team effectiveness in a given situation.
- Can all be applied to most situations because they complement one another.
To improve teamwork in your work area, what can you commit to focusing on?"
"The achievements of an organization are the results of the combined effort of each individual." —Vince Lombardi