Submitting Health Plan Survey Data
Participation in the CAHPS Database is open to all Medicaid and Children's Health Insurance Programs (CHIP), provided the questionnaires are administered independently and survey data is submitted according to CAHPS specifications. In return, participating organizations receive a Private Feedback Report in Excel that displays their own results compared to the overall average.
The CAHPS Database supports the 5.0 and 5.0H versions of the following questionnaires:
- Adult Medicaid
- Child Medicaid (or CHIP) Questionnaire without the Children with Chronic Conditions Item Set
- Child Medicaid (or CHIP) Questionnaire with the Children with Chronic Conditions Item Set
What to Submit
To participate in the Health Plan Survey component, you must provide the CAHPS Database with the following elements through the online data submission system:
- Copy of CAHPS Questionnaire used. Learn about Standards for CAHPS Health Plan and Clinician & Group Survey
- Signed Data Use Agreement
- Health Plan Characteristics and Information
- Data File in ASCII/flat format
To participate in the CAHPS Health Plan Survey component, sponsors, coalitions, health plans and their vendors must register for an account to access the Online Submission System. All required information must be received during the submission period and approved by the CAHPS Database by the deadline. Each questionnaire, Data Use Agreement, and data file will be reviewed by the CAHPS Database.
Learn more about submission requirements and submitting Health Plan data.
Page originally created May 2012