In the interest of fairness and neutrality, AHRQ and the CAHPS Consortium cannot recommend any vendors to sponsors of CAHPS surveys. We encourage those wishing to learn more about particular vendors to contact other organizations that have worked with the vendors on past survey projects. Some organizations that mandate the administration of CAHPS surveys require the use of a “certified” or “approved” vendor for their implementation of the survey. AHRQ does not certify or approve vendors.
- Health plans seeking accreditation from the National Committee for Quality Assurance (NCQA) must use an NCQA-certified vendor to administer the survey. A list is available at http://www.ncqa.org/Portals/0/HEDISQM/Programs/SVC/2015_HEDIS_CAHPS-Vend....
- Patient-centered medical home (PCMH) practices seeking recognition from the National Committee for Quality Assurance (NCQA) must use an NCQA-certified vendor to administer the PCMH version of the Clinician & Group Survey. A list is available at http://www.ncqa.org/Portals/0/HEDISQM/Programs/SVC/2014_CAHPS_PCMH_Vendo....
- The Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) has mandatory vendor training for its implementations of CAHPS surveys. Vendors must go through this training in order to be approved to administer CMS’s CAHPS surveys. Lists of CMS-approved vendors for specific surveys are available as follows:
- CAHPS Hospital Survey (HCAHPS): http://www.hcahpsonline.org/app_vendor.aspx.
- CAHPS Home Health Care Survey (HHCAHPS): https://homehealthcahps.org/GeneralInformation/ApprovedSurveyVendors.aspx.
- CAHPS Survey for Accountable Care Organizations (ACOs): http://acocahps.cms.gov/Content/ApprovedVendor.aspx.
- Medicare Advantage & Prescription Drug Plan CAHPS Surveys (MA & PDP CAHPS): http://www.ma-pdpcahps.org/Content/ApprovedSurvey.aspx.
- CAHPS In-Center Hemodialysis Survey (ICH CAHPS): https://ichcahps.org/GeneralInformation/ApprovedSurveyVendors.aspx.
These vendor lists are also a good resource for identifying vendors with experience conducting CAHPS surveys.