The CAHPS for Physician Quality Reporting System (PQRS) Survey
The CAHPS for PQRS Survey is a version of the CAHPS Clinician & Group Survey developed for group practices that provide primary care services and participate in the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid’s Physician Quality Reporting System (PQRS). Since 2014, CMS has been requiring annual administration of this survey by participating group practices with 100 or more eligible professionals; it is optional for group practices with 2–99 eligible professionals.
Because the CAHPS for PQRS Survey adds items to the core CAHPS Clinician & Group Survey, it generates a larger set of patient experience measures (referred to as summary survey measures, or SSMs):
- Getting Timely Care, Appointments and Information (core).
- How Well Providers Communicate (core).
- Care Coordination (core).
- Courteous and Helpful Office Staff (core).
- Patient’s Rating of Provider (core).
- Access to Specialists.
- Health Promotion and Education.
- Shared Decision Making.
- Health Status/Functional Status.
- Between Visit Communication.
- Helping You to Take Medication as Directed.
- Stewardship of Patient Resources.
To access the survey and all supporting documentation for survey administration, please visit http://www.pqrscahps.org. No documentation for this survey is available on AHRQ’s Web site.
For technical assistance with this survey, contact: firstname.lastname@example.org or 1-844-472-4294.
Page originally created February 2017