Get ECHO Surveys and Instructions
From this page, you can download the files needed to conduct the two versions of the CAHPS ECHO Survey: Managed Care Organization (MCO) and Managed Behavioral Health Care Organization (MBHO). For each survey version, you will have access to the following:
- The questionnaires for adults and children.
- Supplemental items that you can add to your questionnaires for adults.
- Guidance on administering the survey and preparing the data for analysis.
- SAS®-based analysis programs and instructions for analyzing survey results.
- Guidance on reporting survey results.
Read about the ECHO Survey at http://ahrq.gov/cahps/surveys-guidance/echo/about/index.html.
Important note: The CAHPS team is in the process of developing and testing updated items for the ECHO Survey. Consequently, the documentation available for this survey does not yet reflect recent changes (e.g., changes in administrative codes) or refinements in the instructions provided for newer CAHPS surveys.
- If you have questions about the ECHO Survey and associated instructions, please contact the CAHPS Help Line at CAHPS1@westat.com.
- To be notified about updates to the ECHO Survey when they become available, sign up for email updates at https://subscriptions.ahrq.gov/accounts/USAHRQ/subscriber/new and select the box for “CAHPS.”
Download Managed Care Organization (MCO) Survey and Instructions: Use this survey to ask adults and children about their experience getting mental health or substance abuse services through a Managed Care Organization (MCO). The Adult version is available in English and Spanish; the Child version is available in English only.
Download Managed Behavioral Health Care Organization (MBHO) Survey and Instructions: Use this survey to ask adults and children about their experience in a Managed Behavioral Health Care Organization (MBHO). The Adult version is available in English and Spanish; the Child version is available in English only.
Page originally created January 2012