The CAHPS Nursing Home Surveys include three separate instruments. Two of the surveys ask current and former residents about their experiences in the nursing home. The third one asks families of residents about their experiences with the nursing home.
The Nursing Home Surveys include standardized questionnaires for adults who have been residents of a nursing home and their families. Multiple versions of the Nursing Home Surveys are available to meet different needs:
- Long-Stay Resident Survey. An in-person structured interview for long-term residents.
- Discharged Resident Survey. A mail questionnaire for recently discharged short-stay residents.
- Family Member Survey. A mail questionnaire for residents' family members.
You can download the following documents for the Nursing Home Surveys:
- The questionnaires for residents and families.
- SAS®-based analysis programs and instructions for analyzing survey results.
- Guidance on reporting survey results.
Page originally created March 2012