Dr. Francis Chesley, Jr.
Director, Office of Extramural Research, Education, and Priority Populations (OEREP) and Director, Offices of Minority and Women's Health
Francis D. Chesley, M.D.:
- Provides leadership in the development of health services research training, career development, and institutional infrastructure programs.
- Is the AHRQ Research Integrity Liaison Officer.
- Coordinates the AHRQ Institutional Review Board and Research Data and Safety Monitoring activities.
- Directs the Agency's research grant application peer review program.
- Manages and conducts health services research on priority populations and health disparities.
- Serves as the AHRQ Regulatory Policy Office.
- Is responsible for the development and implementation of Agency extramural research policies and procedures.
Dr. Chesley received a Bachelor’s Degree from Georgetown University and his M.D. from Georgetown University School of Medicine. He completed post-graduate residency training in Internal Medicine at the Georgetown University Medical Center, including serving as Chief Medical Resident, and completed a General Internal Medicine Clinical Fellowship in the Department of Medicine at the Georgetown University Medical Center.
Page originally created December 2015