- APCD Council A; Porter J, Love D, Peters A, et al. The basics of all-payer claims databases: a primer for states. Princeton, NJ: Robert Wood Johnson Foundation; January 2014. Accessed December 21, 2016.
- Peters A, Sachs J, Porter J, et al. The value of all-payer claims databases to states. N C Med J 2014;75(3):211-3. Accessed December 21, 2016.
- Pollack CE, Hussey PS, Rudin RS, et al. Measuring care continuity: a comparison of claims-based methods. Med Care 2016;54(5):e30-4. PMCID:PMC4101051 [Available on 2017-05-01].
- Price transparency: an essential building block for a high-value, sustainable health care system. Action Brief. Berkeley, CA: Catalyst for Payment Reform; November 2012. Accessed December 21, 2016.
- Miller P, Love D, Sullivan E, et al. All-payer claims databases: an overview for policymakers. Durham, NH: SCI, NAHDO, RAPHIC, APCD Council; May 2010. Accessed December 21, 2016.
- Topsham, ME: Maine Health Management Coalition; 2014.
- Martin BC, Shewale A. Validity of electronic prescription claims records: a comparison of commercial insurance claims with pharmacy provider derived records. Innov Pharm 2014;5(1). Accessed December 21, 2016.
- Block R. State models for health care cost measurement: a policy and operational framework. New York, NY: Milbank Memorial Fund; 2015. Accessed December 21, 2016.
- Ricards J, Blewett L. Making use of all-payer claims databases for health care reform evaluation. (Prepared by the State Health Access Data Assistance Center (SHADAC) at the University of Minnesota under Contract No. HHSP23320100024WI to the Office of the Assistant Secretary for Planning and Evaluation.) Minneapolis, MN: SHADAC; July 2014. Accessed December 21, 2016.
- Miller P, Peters A, Porter J, et al. New York's all-payer database: a new lens for consumer transparency. Durham, NH: APCD Council and New York State Health Foundation; September 2015. Accessed December 21, 2016.
- Key regulatory issues facing APCD states post Gobeille v. Liberty Mutual. Durham, NH: APCD Council and National Academy for State Health Policy; April 2016. Accessed December 21, 2016.
- Miller P, Peters A. APCD legislation: review of current practices and critical elements. Durham, NH: APCD Council; November 2013. Accessed December 21, 2016.
- All payer claims databases: unlocking the potential. NEHI Issue Brief. Cambridge, MA: Network for Excellence in Health Innovation; December 2014. Accessed December 21, 2016.
- Love D, Steiner C. Key State Health Care Databases for Improving Health Care Delivery. Salt Lake City, UT: National Association of Health Data Organizations; February 2011. Accessed December 21, 2016.
- Afghahi A, Mathur M, Thompson CA, et al. Use of gene expression profiling and chemotherapy in early-stage breast cancer: a study of linked electronic medical records, cancer registry data, and genomic data across two health care systems. J Oncol Pract 2016;12(6):E697-709. doi: 10.1200/JOP.2015.009803. Epub 2016 May 24. Accessed December 21, 2016.
- Data Infographics
- Data Visualizations
- Data Tools
- Data Innovations
- All-Payer Claims Databases
- Healthcare Cost and Utilization Project (HCUP)
- Medical Expenditure Panel Survey (MEPS)
- AHRQ Quality Indicator Tools for Data Analytics
- State Snapshots
- United States Health Information Knowledgebase
- Data Sources Available from AHRQ
Inventory and Prioritization of Measures To Support the Growing Effort in Transparency Using All-Payer Claims Databases
Table of Contents
- Inventory and Prioritization of Measures To Support the Growing Effort in Transparency Using All-Payer Claims Databases
- Reviewing the Landscape of All-Payer Claims Databases
- Measure Inventory
- Data Evaluation of All-Payer Claims Databases
- Conclusion and Future Directions
- Appendix A: Technical Expert Panel and Learning Network Members
- Appendix B: Prioritization of Conditions for Measure Inventory
Internet Citation: References. Content last reviewed April 2017. Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality, Rockville, MD.