EvidenceNOW Stories From the Field
Stories from the Field
AHRQ’s EvidenceNOW initiative has helped more than 1,500 small-and medium-sized primary care practices across America use the latest evidence to improve delivery of primary care and heart health. One in three of these practices operates in medically underserved areas, 75 percent have five or fewer clinicians, and 41 percent are clinician-owned.
Get to know EvidenceNOW through the eyes of the people participating in this initiative—read our profiles of primary care to find out what it's like to be a health care professional today, followed by stories of how EvidenceNOW is transforming the quality of primary care and heart health in America.
Profiles of Primary Care
Explore these stories of EvidenceNOW primary care practices:
- A solo urban practitioner who works 70 hours a week and still finds time for kickboxing and dinner with her family every day.
- A rural clinic where the staff can recognize their patients' voices on the answering machine.
- A suburban father-son clinic where the whole family pitches in to help run the practice.
Get to know these and other primary care practices participating in EvidenceNOW—who they are, the challenges they face as small clinics, and why their work is so important to our Nation's health.
EvidenceNOW in Action
Learn more about the positive impact EvidenceNOW has had in communities across the United States, including:
- Helping practices identify patients at risk of heart disease and provide appropriate treatment
- Boosting smoking cessation counseling rates
- Reducing clinician burnout
Achievements in Heart Health
Ten participating EvidenceNOW primary care practices and providers have been selected as 2018 Million Hearts® Hypertension Control Champions. Learn more about how they effectively help their patients manage their high blood pressure.
Page originally created October 2016