EvidenceNOW: Achievements in Primary Care
The Million Hearts® Hypertension Control Challenge is a competition to identify clinicians, practices, and health systems that have demonstrated exceptional achievements in working with their patients to control hypertension.
AHRQ congratulates the 2018 Million Hearts® Hypertension Control Champions and the ten participating EvidenceNOW primary care practices and providers selected as champions.
New York City:
- Dr. Terence Chun Hun Hsuih (Brooklyn, NY)
- Jia Hong (Flushing, NY)
- Dr. Mark Tsinker (Bay Park, NY)
- Dr. Patel Himanshu (Brooklyn, NY)
- Dr. Shelly Shi (New York City, NY)
- Pacific Family Medicine (Astoria, OR)
- Hinman Family Medicine (Longmont, CO)
- Dr. David Yamamoto (Arvada, CO)
- Southern Colorado Medicine (Colorado Springs, CO)
- High Plains Community Health Center Holly Clinic (Holy, CO)
Helping primary care practices use evidence to improve blood pressure control is a key focus of AHRQ’s EvidenceNOW initiative, in addition to improving aspirin use, cholesterol management, and smoking cessation to prevent heart attacks and stroke among people at high risk.
Learn more about how EvidenceNOW is working with primary care practices to improve quality of care and patients’ heart health. The selected Million Hearts® Hypertension Control Champions have worked with their patients to achieve blood pressure control rates at or above 70% through innovations in health information technology and electronic health records, patient communication, and team-based care approaches.