Implementing Group Visits In Primary Care Practice: Guide
Group visits provide an effective way to engage and support patients with chronic conditions, in alignment with Key Driver 5: Engage with patients and families in evidence-based care and quality improvement. This guide on how to implement group visits is based on the experiences of Massachusetts General Hospital’s primary care practice. It addresses the following topics:
- Preparing and Planning for a Group Visit:
- Practice Resources.
- Provider Training.
- Assessing Patient Care Needs.
- Implementing a Group Visit at Your Practice:
- Structure and Content of the Session.
- Timing and Scheduling.
- Billing for Group Visits.
- Maximizing Attendance and Recruiting Patients.
- Maintaining and Sustaining Group Visits:
- Practices: Fitting Group Visits into Practice and System Changes.
Institution of origin: Massachusetts General Hospital
Author(s): Eisenstat S, Siegel AL, Carlson K, Ulman K
Acknowledgements: This resource was developed in conjunction with Women’s Health Associates and Massachusetts General Hospital’s John D. Stoeckle Center for Primary Care Innovation.
Publication date: January 2012