Eligibility Rules for Participating in the Challenge
To be eligible under this Challenge, an individual (whether participating singly or in a group) or entity:
- Shall have registered to participate in the Challenge.
- Shall have complied with the rules set forth in this announcement for participation in this Challenge.
- Shall be incorporated and maintain a primary place of business in the United States (in the case of a private entity), and in the case of an individual, whether participating singly or in a group, shall be a citizen or permanent resident of the United States.
- May not be a Federal entity or Federal employee acting within the scope of their employment. (All Federal employees should consult with their agency Ethics Official to determine whether the Federal ethics rules will limit or prohibit the acceptance of a prize).
- May not be employees of AHRQ or any other company, organization, or individual involved with the design, production, execution, judging, or distribution of the Challenge and their immediate family (spouse, parents and step-parents, siblings and step-siblings, and children and step-children) and household members (people who share the same residence at least 3 months out of the year).
- May not use Federal funds from a grant to develop Challenge applications unless consistent with the purpose of the grant award.
- May not use Federal funds from a contract to develop Challenge applications or to fund efforts in support of a Challenge submission.
- Shall not be deemed ineligible because the individual or entity used Federal facilities or consulted with Federal employees during a competition if the facilities and employees are made equitably available to all individuals and entities participating in the competition.
- Shall not be required to purchase liability insurance as a condition of participation in this competition.
Additional Rules of Participating
By participating in this Challenge, each individual (whether participating singly or in a group) or entity:
- Agrees to follow all applicable Federal, State, and local laws, regulations, and policies.
- Agrees to comply with all terms and conditions of participation in this Challenge.
- Agrees that the submission will not use HHS or AHRQ logos or official seals, and will not claim endorsement by HHS or AHRQ.
- Understands that all materials submitted to AHRQ as part of a submission become AHRQ records. Any confidential commercial or financial information contained in a submission must be clearly designated as such at the time of submission.
- Agrees that the submission must not infringe upon copyright or any other rights of any third party.
- Agrees to assume any and all risks and waive claims against the Federal Government and its related entities, except in the case of willful misconduct, for any injury, death, damage, or loss of property, revenue, or profits, whether direct, indirect, or consequential, arising from participation in this prize contest, whether the injury, death, damage, or loss arises through negligence or otherwise.
- Agrees to indemnify the Federal Government against third-party claims for damages arising from or related to Challenge activities.
- Understands that AHRQ reserves the right to cancel, suspend, and/or modify this prize contest, or any part of it, for any reason, at AHRQ’s sole discretion. AHRQ also reserves the right not to award any prizes if no entries are deemed worthy.
- Understands that AHRQ will not select a winner that is named on the Excluded Parties List System (EPLS).
- Agrees to use a portion of their winnings to travel to the Rockville, MD, or Chicago, IL, area to demo their final submission (Phase I winners).