Evaluation Criteria for Selecting Winning Applications - Phase 2
All applications will be reviewed by at least two External Advisors who will score them based on the review criteria. The Expert Advisors will also provide comments about the application.
The scores/comments will be compiled and a ranking summary provided to AHRQ staff. AHRQ staff will select the semifinalists based on the quantitative and qualitative assessments of the Expert Advisors.
Phase 2 Evaluation Criteria
- Responsiveness of the applicant’s statement and understanding of the need to support providers, patients, and caregivers during care transitions.
- Description of the user-centered design methodology that was used to develop the prototype/tool. Applicants addressed both the needs of both hospitals, health systems, and health professionals discharging patients and patients, families, and caregivers being discharged.
- How well the prototype/tool addresses the information needed for successful care transitions among people with MCC and assists patients and caregivers in understanding hospital discharge instructions and care plans.
- Design of the prototype/tool, including ease-of-use for patients, caregivers, and the integrated care team (physicians, nurses, other professionals and para-professionals); prototype/tool will reduce burden.
- How innovative the prototype/tool is and its ability to be tailored to culturally, linguistically, and technologically diverse audiences, including users with low health literacy or limited English language proficiency.
- Description of how the solution leverages interoperable HL7 (FHIR) interoperability standards.
- Leverages existing evidence-based practices in discharge.
- Solution would protect the privacy and security of patient data.
- The prototype/ tool can be integrated into routine workflows.
- Availability of open-source version of the tool.