- AHRQ-commissioned environmental scan about how health assessments were being used in primary care final report, Health Risk Appraisals in Primary Care: Current Knowledge and Potential Applications To Improve Preventive Services and Chronic Care.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention worked with the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services to develop an evidence-informed framework for the Annual Wellness Visit health assessment:
- Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services provides a quick reference guide for implementation of health assessments related to the Annual Wellness Visit:
- Research Initiatives
- Research Communities
- Tools and Resources
- Funding and Training Opportunities
- About the National Center
Health Assessments in Primary Care
Appendix 1: Background on Health Assessments in Primary Care
Table of Contents
- Health Assessments in Primary Care
- Section 1. How Ready is Your Practice to Implement a New Health Assessment?
- Section 2. How Does Your Practice Choose an Assessment?
- Section 3. How Do You Work Health Assessments into Your Office Workflow?
- Section 4. How Do You Use the Health Assessment Information You Collect?
- Section 5. How Do You Activate and Engage Patients in Using Their Health Assessment Information?
- Section 6. How Does Your Practice Sustain Health Assessments?
- Appendix 1: Background on Health Assessments in Primary Care
- Appendix 2: Health Assessment Case Study
- Appendix 3: Health Assessments for Adults
- Appendix 4: Adult Health Assessment Sample Questions
- Appendix 5: Assessments for Children
- Appendix 6: Assessments for Adolescents
- Appendix 7: Health Assessments for Seniors
- Appendix 8: Crosswalk of Health Assessments Related to Incentive and Quality Programs
- Appendix 9: Tools for Making Changes in Your Practice
- Appendix 10: Health Assessment Information for Patients
- Appendix 11: Patient Feedback Survey Example
Internet Citation: Appendix 1: Background on Health Assessments in Primary Care. Content last reviewed October 2020. Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality, Rockville, MD.