Patient Experience, Patient Safety, and Provider Well-Being: Associations and Paths for Quality Improvement
October 19, 2023
11:00 a.m.–4:00 p.m. ET
AHRQ's Consumer Assessment of Healthcare Providers and Systems (CAHPS®) program will host a free virtual research meeting to explore how data from CAHPS surveys and other patient experience information can help improve patient safety and the well-being of the healthcare workforce.
The CAHPS Research Meeting will share findings on:
- How exposure to, and use of, information on patient experience affects the well-being of providers and staff
- The relationship between patient safety culture and patient experience
- How better communication with patients can improve patient safety and lower malpractice risks
- What patient narratives tell us about opportunities for improving patient safety
- Donald Berwick, M.D., M.P.P., President Emeritus and Senior Fellow, Institute for Healthcare Improvement, will deliver the keynote presentation on "How Improving Patient Experience Can Help Us Achieve the Quintuple Aim in Healthcare."
The CAHPS Research Meeting is open to the public. AHRQ invites CAHPS survey users, researchers, healthcare organization leaders, patient advocates, policymakers, federal partners, and others interested in the relationship between patient experience, patient safety, and provider well-being. Registration details will be available this summer.
For questions, please contact the CAHPS User Network at email@example.com or 1-800-492-9261.
Select to register for the meeting.