The National Quality Strategy (NQS) builds on a set of core principles that emphasize national support for local strategies and can guide and hold accountable the actions of stakeholders
- The Strategy was developed and will be updated through a consultative consensus building process among all stakeholders, which included, but is not limited to, the following activities:
- Environmental scan of existing quality frameworks.
- Stakeholder engagement activities.
- 30-day public comment period.
- Strategy sessions with HHS [Department of Health and Human Services] Quality Work group and subgroups.
- The NQS was published on March 21, 2011, and is located here: http://www.healthcare.gov/center/reports/quality03212011a.html
- Additional information on the Strategy and associated materials and initiatives is located here: http://www.ahrq.gov/workingforquality
Page originally created September 2012