Fraser and Sniegoski Slide 8
AHRQ Role in Measures Reporting: An Example from the Healthcare Cost & Utilization Project (HCUP) and the Quality Indicators
Statewide Organizations (government or private):
- Set rules on data collection and use.
- Collect all-payer data from hospitals.
- Process data.
- Create claims databases.
- Manage use of data.
- Standardizes data across States.
- Develops national and regional statistics, benchmarks.
- Funds data improvements.
- Develops, validates, maintains, improves measures.
- Seeks NQF [National Quality Forum] endorsement.
- Creates software tools.
- Creates downloadable Web site-builder.
States, Communities, CMS [Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services], others:
- Decide whether to do public reporting.
- Establish structure and governance structure.
- Select measures to report.
- Display data.
Page originally created September 2012