11. IOM Recommendations.
- Enabling nurses to practice to the full level of their training:
- Remove scope-of-practice barriers.
- Implement nurse residency programs.
- Improving nursing education:
- Increase proportion of nurses with a BSN degree to 80% by 2020.
- Double the number of nurses with a doctorate by 2020.
- Ensure that nurses engage in lifelong learning.
- Preparing and enabling nurses to lead change:
- Expand opportunities for nurses to lead and diffuse collaborative improvement efforts.
- Prepare and enable nurses to lead change to advance health.
- Improving workforce data collection and analysis:
- Build an improved infrastructure to collect and analyze health care workforce data.
← Fostering Inter-professional Collaboration →
← Diversity →
Page originally created November 2011