Slide 39. Patient Centered Outcomes Research Dissemination Framework
AHRQ's Patient-Centered Outcomes Research Dissemination and Implementation Activities
Image: An inverted pyramid shows "Prioritization and Message Development." To the left of each level of the pyramid is a set of examples based on the "New Diabetes CER [Comparative Effectiveness Review]":
National awareness of CER and specific findings.
- Media campaign.
- Outreach to national orgs (i.e. American Diabetes Association [ADA], American Association of Diabetes Educators [AADE], Endocrine Society, American Association of. Clinical Endocrinologists [AACE]).
- Outreach to consumers.
Deeper awareness of CER and findings at regional, local, or system level.
- Integrate message into Diabetes package.
- Promote via regional/State chapters of national orgs, local advocacy orgs, and regional health systems.
Academic Detailing & Online CE [Continuing Education]
Individual clinician education and practice-level implementation.
- Integrate clinical message into Diabetes AD package.
- Promote/discuss in individual practice settings.
- Create and promote CE modules based on individual findings.
Arrows point down from each level of the pyramid to the level below. Arrows also point from each level to a green bar to the right of the pyramid, captioned "Evaluation."
Page originally created November 2011