Slide 27. Resident physician occurrence reporting data
The "Seven Pillars" Approach: Crossing the Patient Safety—Medical Liability Chasm
Image: A line graph shows Anesthesia Resident Reporting of Adverse Events from Fiscal Year (FY) 2006 to FY 2010. No adverse events are reported from FY 2006 through the final quarter of FY 2008. Beginning in the first quarter of FY 2009, the following number of adverse events are reported:
- 1st quarter of FY 2009: 13.
- 2nd quarter of FY 2009: 11.
- 3rd quarter of FY 2009: 14.
- 4th quarter of FY 2009: 26.
- 1st quarter of FY 2010: 16.
- 2nd quarter of FY 2010: 20.
- 3rd quarter of FY 2010: 28.
The following notes appear above the corresponding dates in the timeline at the bottom of the graph:
- Start of the Online Occurrence Reporting System in August 2006.
- In July 2008, a survey was provided to the anesthesia residents regarding their attitudes about adverse events.
- Start of the Anesthesia Resident Reporting program, beginning 1st quarter of FY 2009.
- In July 2009, the anesthesia residents were resurveyed regarding their attitudes about adverse events.
Page originally created May 2012